1. Finne ut hvor avfallet stammer fra
For å kunne klassifisere avfallet i riktig avfallsgruppe må du vite hvor avfallet stammer fra:
- Står det noe om hva avfallet inneholder på sikkerhetsdatablad eller etikett?
- Har avfallet emballasje merket med innehold?
- Har det skjedd noe i produksjonsprosessen som gjør at avfallet kan inneholde miljøgifter eller ha miljørisiko?
2. Finne riktig Baselkode
For å kunne klassifisere må du finne riktig Baselkode for avfallet ditt. Du finner koden på side 101 - 110 i dokumentet under.
Vi har også laget et utdrag av oversikten her:
Baselkoder for meldepliktig avfall
Waste subject to the export prohibition in article 36
- This Annex applies without prejudice to Directives 91/689/EEC and 2006/12/EC.
- This Annex consists of three parts, Parts 2 and 3 of which apply only when Part 1 is not applicable. Consequently, to determine whether a specific waste is listed in this Annex, an initial check must be made to ascertain whether the waste is listed in Part 1 of this Annex, and, if it does not, whether it is listed in Part 2, and, if it does not, whether it is listed in Part 3.
Part 1 is divided into two sub-sections: List A lists wastes which are classified as hazardous by Article 1(1)(a) of the Basel Convention, and therefore covered by the export prohibition, and List B lists wastes which are not covered by Article 1(1)(a) of the Basel Convention, and therefore not covered by the export prohibition.
Thus, if a waste is listed in Part 1, a check must be made to ascertain whether it is listed in List A or in List B. Only if a waste is not listed in either List A or List B of Part 1, must a check be made to ascertain whether it is listed either among the hazardous waste listed in Part 2 (i.e. types of waste marked with an asterisk) or in Part 3, and if this is the case, it is covered by the export prohibition.
- Wastes listed in List B of Part 1 or which are among the non-hazardous waste listed in Part 2 (i.e. wastes not marked with an asterisk) are covered by the export prohibition if they are contaminated by other materials to an extent which
- (a) increases the risks associated with the waste sufficiently to render it appropriate for submission to the procedure of prior written notification and consent, when taking into account the hazardous characteristics listed in Annex III to Directive 91/689/EEC; or
- (b) prevents the recovery of the waste in an environmentally sound manner.
(References in Lists A and B to Annexes I, III and IV refer to Annexes of the Basel Convention.1 )
List A (Annex VIII to the Basel Convention)
A1 Metal and metal bearing wastes
- A1010 Metal wastes and waste consisting of alloys of any of the following:
- Thallium - but excluding such wastes specifically listed on list B.
- A1020 Waste having as constituents or contaminants, excluding metal waste in massive form, any of the following:
- Antimony; antimony compounds
- Beryllium; beryllium compounds
- Cadmium; cadmium compounds
- Lead; lead compounds
- Selenium; selenium compounds
- Tellurium; tellurium compounds
- A1030 Wastes having as constituents or contaminants any of the following:
- Arsenic; arsenic compounds
- Mercury; mercury compounds
- Thallium; thallium compounds
- A1040 Wastes having as constituents any of the following:
- Metal carbonyls
- Hexavalent chromium compounds
- A1050 Galvanic sludges
- A1060 Waste liquors from the pickling of metals
- A1070 Leaching residues from zinc processing, dust and sludges such as jarosite, hematite, etc.
- A1080 Waste zinc residues not included on list B, containing lead and cadmium in concentrations sufficient to exhibit Annex III characteristics
- A1090 Ashes from the incineration of insulated copper wire
- A1100 Dusts and residues from gas cleaning systems of copper smelters
- A1110 Spent electrolytic solutions from copper electrorefining and electrowinning operations
- A1120 Waste sludges, excluding anode slimes, from electrolyte purification systems in copper electrorefining and electrowinning operations
- A1130 Spent etching solutions containing dissolved copper
- A1140 Waste cupric chloride and copper cyanide catalysts
- A1150 Precious metal ash from incineration of printed circuit boards not included on list B (Note that mirror entry on list B (B1160) does not specify exceptions).
- A1160 Waste lead-acid batteries, whole or crushed
- A1170 Unsorted waste batteries excluding mixtures of only list B batteries. Waste batteries not specified on list B containing Annex I constituents to an extent to render them hazardous
- A1180 Waste electrical and electronic assemblies or scrap (this entry does not include scrap assemblies from electric power generation): containing components such as accumulators and other batteries included on list A, mercury-switches, glass from cathode-ray tubes and other activated glass and PCB-capacitors, or contaminated with Annex I constituents (e.g. cadmium, mercury, lead, polychlorinated biphenyl) to an extent that they possess any of the characteristics contained in Annex III (note the related entry on list B, B1110) ( PCBs are at a concentration level of 50 mg/kg or more)
- A1190 Waste metal cables coated or insulated with plastics containing or contaminated with coal tar, PCB ( PCBs at a concentration level of 50mg/kg or more), lead, cadmium, other organohalogen compounds or other Annex I constituents, to the extent that they exhibit Annex III characteristics
A2 Wastes containing prinsipally inorganic constituents, which may contain metals and organic materials
- A2010 Glass waste from cathode-ray tubes and other activated glasses
- A2020 Waste inorganic fluorine compounds in the form of liquids or sludges but excluding such wastes specified on list B
- A2030 Waste catalysts but excluding such wastes specified on list B
- A2040 Waste gypsum arising from chemical industry processes, when containing Annex I constituents to the extent that it exhibits an Annex III hazardous characteristic (note the related entry on list B, B2080)
- A2050 Waste asbestos (dusts and fibres)
- A2060 Coal-fired power plant fly-ash containing Annex I substances in concentrations sufficient to exhibit Annex III characteristics (note the related entry on list B, B2050)
A3 Wastes containing prinsipally organic constituents, which may contain metals and inorganic materials
- A3010 Waste from the production or processing of petroleum coke and bitumen
- A3020 Waste mineral oils unfit for their originally intended use
- A3030 Wastes that contain, consist of or are contaminated with leaded anti- knock compound sludges
- A3040 Waste thermal (heat transfer) fluids
- A3050 Wastes from production, formulation and use of resins, latex, plasticisers, glues/adhesives excluding such wastes specified on list B (note the related entry on list B, B4020)
- A3060 Waste nitrocellulose
- A3070 Waste phenols, phenol compounds including chlorophenol in the form of liquids or sludges
- A3080 Waste ethers not including those specified on list B
- A3090 Waste leather dust, ash, sludges and flours when containing hexavalent chromium compounds or biocides (note the related entry on list B, B3100)
- A3100 Waste paring and other waste of leather or of composition leather not suitable for the manufacture of leather articles containing hexavalent chromium compounds or biocides (note the related entry on list B, B3090)
- A3110 Fellmongery wastes containing hexavalent chromium compounds or biocides or infectious substances (note the related entry on list B, B3110)
- A3120 Fluff — light fraction from shredding
- A3130 Waste organic phosphorous compounds
- A3140 Waste non-halogenated organic solvents but excluding such wastes specified on list B
- A3150 Waste halogenated organic solvents
- A3160 Waste halogenated or unhalogenated non-aqueous distillation residues arising from organic solvent recovery operations
- A3170 Wastes arising from the production of aliphatic halogenated hydrocarbons (such as chloromethane, dichloro-ethane, vinyl chloride, vinylidene chloride, allyl chloride and epichlorhydrin)
- A3180 Wastes, substances and articles containing, consisting of or contaminated with polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB), polychlorinated terphenyl (PCT), polychlorinated naphthalene (PCN) or polybrominated biphenyl (PBB), or any other polybrominated analogues of these compounds, at a concentration level of 50 mg/kg or more. (The 50 mg/kg level is considered to be an internationally practical level for all wastes. However, many individual countries have established lower regulatory levels (e.g. 20 mg/kg) for specific wastes).
- A3190 Waste tarry residues (excluding asphalt cements) arising from refining, distillation and any pyrolitic treatment of organic materials
- A3200 Bituminous material (asphalt waste) from road construction and maintenance, containing tar (note the related entry on list B B2130)
A4 Wastes which may contain either inorganic or organic constituents
- A4010 Wastes from the production, preparation and use of pharmaceutical products but excluding such wastes specified on list B
- A4020 Clinical and related wastes; that is wastes arising from medical, nursing, dental, veterinary, or similar practices, and wastes generated in hospitals or other facilities during the investigation or treatment of patients, or research projects
- A4030 Wastes from the production, formulation and use of biocides and phytopharmaceuticals, including waste pesticides and herbicides which are off-specification, out-dated ( 1 ), or unfit for their originally intended use
- A4040 Wastes from the manufacture, formulation and use of wood-preserving chemicals ( 2 )
- A4050 Wastes that contain, consist of or are contaminated with any of the following:
- Inorganic cyanides, excepting precious-metal-bearing residues in solid form containing traces of inorganic cyanides
- Organic cyanides
- A4060 Waste oils/water, hydrocarbons/water mixtures, emulsions
- A4070 Wastes from the production, formulation and use of inks, dyes, pigments, paints, lacquers, varnish excluding any such waste specified on list B (note the related entry on list B, B4010)
- A4080 Wastes of an explosive nature (but excluding such wastes specified on list B)
- A4090 Waste acidic or basic solutions, other than those specified in the corresponding entry on list B (note the related entry on list B, B2120)
- A4100 Wastes from industrial pollution control devices for cleaning of industrial off-gases but excluding such wastes specified on list B
- A4110 Wastes that contain, consist of or are contaminated with any of the following:
- any congenor of polychlorinated dibenzo-furan ▼C4
- any congenor of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxin ▼B
- A4120 Wastes that contain, consist of or are contaminated with peroxides
- A4130 Waste packages and containers containing Annex I substances in concentrations sufficient to exhibit Annex III hazard characteristics
- A4140 Waste consisting of or containing off-specification or out-dated ( 1 ) chemicals corresponding to Annex I categories and exhibiting Annex III hazard characteristics
- A4150 Waste chemical substances arising from research and development or teaching activities which are not identified and/or are new and whose effects on human health and/or the environment are not known
- A4160 Spent activated carbon not included on list B (note the related entry on list B, B2060)
( 1 ) ‘Out-dated’ means unused within the period recommended by the manufacturer.
( 2 ) This entry does not include wood treated with wood-preserving chemicals.
Dersom du ikker finner riktig baselkode, er avfallet ulistet. Ulistet avfall er meldepliktig.
2. Finne riktig avfallskode i EAL-liste
Du kan søke etter riktig avfallskode her
3. Vurdere stoffenes faresetninger
Inneholder avfallet helse- og miljøskadelige stoffer og du er usikker på hvilken EAL-kode du skal bruke, vurder stoffenes farlige egenskaper gjennom å finne kodene for faresetningene (H-setningene) i
Du kan eventuelt søke her:
4. Mangler du informasjon, send avfallsprøver til analyse
Hvis du mangler informasjon, men mistenker at avfallet inneholder helse- og miljølskadelige stoffer, må du sende prøver av avfallet til analyse.